G5 prices faaaaling...

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by maintiger, May 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

for those looking for a G5, I went to macprices.com where they list the prices and places, and they just happen to have a dual 2.0 G5 listed for macmall (with an sku number) for $1619. I called and sure enough, the bait was there- last one they said- i did not get enticed with any extras and I picked that puppy right up- can't wait till its delivered- They claim it is free shipping with mail in rebate and they sticked me up for $62 for that- believe me, I'm getting it right back :D

with the model changes this is usually the time to pick up a new mac but have you seen the prices in most apple stores? there is only like $100 difference between the dual 2.0 G5 and the 'new model' 2.0 G5- keep your eyes opened though- bargains are out there if you look- :D

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I want one sooooo bad Xavier. My, now older Mac has been nothing less than awesome! You lucky dog!

3. maintiger

I just could not pass it up- the price waas just right- my G4 (dual 867) was getting slow with all the VI's I've been using with DP(mach five, atmosphere, garritan, stylus, DFHS)- this will keep me for a couple more years now-

4. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Awesome Xavier, Sounds like you got quite a deal. :cool:

Keep us updated as I'm sure others will be interested in it's performance compared to your old G4.

5. maintiger

Today I'm going to pick up 2 GB of ram (2 sticks @ 1 Gb ea) from a local apple distribuitor-
    not bad, $250 for the 2 Gb- that should set the G5 a-humming along- (it only comes with 512) can't wait, it should be here by friday (I hope)