Gear Insurance?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DaveRunyan, Jan 21, 2005.

1. DaveRunyan

DaveRunyan Active Member

I have a portable recording business and just had my insurance company tell me that they cannot insure my equipment. If I used a studio and all my stuff was to stay in there then they could write it. Since I am mobile they cannot. Anyone ever have this problem or know of companies that specialize in this part of our industry?

2. p0llen_p0ny

p0llen_p0ny Guest

Yeah MusicPro Insurance cover gear on the road. Reasonable rates too.

http://www.musicproinsurance.com/

3. DaveRunyan

DaveRunyan Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I found them just a couple days ago. Already called them. Looks good.

4. backinthelab

backinthelab Guest

Dave,

Depending if you actually are registered as a business, you should be able to get everything covered under your homeowners. Even though I own a productions company where I run live sound and have a studio full of gear, I have an additional $250,000 electronics binder attached to my homeowners. This may be a cheaper way to get coverage. If the insurance company knows it's for a business, they may try to raise thier rates.

5. DaveRunyan

DaveRunyan Active Member

Thanks for the info. I am regeistered as a business for sure. My company easily would have written the policy if I were not mobile in nature. Something about the fact that I am always moving my gear around from gig to gig they can't write for. No biggy now. Got it covered.