get it on the computer

Discussion in 'Computing' started by koastproductions, Feb 27, 2008.

  1. Well I'm really bad with all this stuff, I don't even really know what I need, okay well all I really want to do is be able to have high quality sound and songs and be able to get it on the computer, I don't really need studio quality but I want quality you can't get from a headset mic or a video camera, so basically decent quality... I already know what microphone I want but computer's don't take TRS, so how do I get it on my computer and if you need equipment what equipment do you need? Also around how much would it cost?
  2. AnomalyAlecB

    AnomalyAlecB Active Member

    Feb 24, 2008
    What kind of music?

    How many people playing at once?

    Using condensers?
  3. Just me, only for rapping, and im not using condensers
  4. Just me, only for rapping, and im not using condensers...
  5. Codemonkey

    Codemonkey Well-Known Member

    Dec 11, 2007
    Scotland, UK
    You need something to turn TRS into digital.

    Your choice is a dedicated and expensive ADC that you connect to an interface using SPDIF,
    OR an interface which takes TRS and outputs via USB or firewire. A USB interface with an input or two on it, would set you back in the region of $100.

    Or you could go the cheap and nasty route, buy a TRS to mini jack adapter and plug your mic into your computer mic in.
    But don't do that, it'll suck, and you probably need a preamp which you should get on most decent interfaces.
  6. ok, thanks! I found out the set I wanted already.

Share This Page