Getting 9126 Error in Pro Tools 8.0.4

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by strings1, Dec 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. strings1

strings1 Active Member

I recently purchased a Glyph external hard drive to dedicate as the recording hard drive. I had previously used the internal and then a Western Digital external hard drive. When I attempt to open files on the WD I get incomplete files-missing blank tracks. Then the screen to find files comes up with DAE error 9126. I can find the files, but when I try to link them I again get Error 9126. I have done both Disc allocation and Workspace dedications for each drive separately and combinations there of and then all of them. Nothing changes. Any Ideas here???:confused:

2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

How is everything connected? USB? Daisychained firewire?

3. strings1

strings1 Active Member

Thanks for the response Jack:smile:. The Glyph is connected via fire wire 800. The WD is USB. Both connected to the iMac separately.

4. TheJackAttack

If you disconnect the Glyph can you access the WD through PT? If so you will need to figure out PT/002 predelection for daisy chain. Sometimes it might be computer the Glyph then 002. Sometimes it might be computer then 002 then Glyph.

5. strings1

strings1 Active Member

So I can access the WD with a no problem. I have the glyph connected to the back of the iMac via fire wire, the WD to the back of the iMac via USB.

6. TheJackAttack

So you can access the WD files without the Glyph connected and with the Glyph connected? Just not from within Protools?

7. strings1

strings1 Active Member

I can access either way, Glyph plugged in or not. The problem is I get that error "9126" with missing tracks after opening up a file. This occurs from the WD hard drive and internal hard drive. The missing tracks are grayed out, if you know what I mean, but without the audio wave there. And if I try to use the relinking process I get the same error code 9126.

8. TheJackAttack

This was from the Avid Digi User Conference:
    SOLVED: Pro Tools DAE Error 9126 - Avid Audio Forums

9. TheJackAttack

How many partitions are on each of these drives? Just a single partition or multiple?

10. strings1

strings1 Active Member

Thanks again for getting back to me:cool:. No partitions on internal or the Glyph. I will have to check that WD. I don't think it is partitioned either.

11. TheJackAttack

You have a single partition in each drive otherwise you couldn't access the drive. Try moving the files to the other drive per the link.

12. strings1

strings1 Active Member

Thanks again Jack. Yes that is tru they are partitioned one time , duh on my part. I have migrated files to the Glyph and most of what I was having trouble with has corrected itself. I will follow up with another post regarding and information I also got from AVID.