Guitar processors which one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by samuelcraig, Mar 2, 2012.

1. samuelcraig

samuelcraig Active Member

I'm looking at a Line 6 HD Pro and a Rocktron prophesy. I want to go guitar -->processor-->Korg D 16XD. I record clean to classic rock sounds mostly. Also any other suggestions would be helpful. Craig

2. Animaldrummer04

Animaldrummer04 Active Member

Home Page:
    I'm interested in responses to this as well because I am looking at getting an HD Pro rack unit. Does anybody use one in their studio? I would go from the rack unit to a VOX ac4tv (which would be miked).

3. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

I have an Avid Eleven rack. No complaints. It actually FEELS like an amp. In some instances it sounds very much like one by itself. Since I have a VHT Pittbull 45 I use the Eleven rack for bed tracks and the occasional effects channel through an amp.

4. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

This probably does not help the OP, but Fabfilters just came out with a multiband distortion/saturation plugin. It does lots more that just simulate amps. Here is the demo featuring the dulcet tones of Dan Worrall. The feature set looks great. I haven't been using this type of tool that much lately, but I'm definitely going to give it a spin soon. Love the Fabfilter "Pro-LCGQ" suite.

5. samuelcraig

samuelcraig Active Member

Any thoughts on the Korg Pandora PX5D?