Harrison 950mx Analog Console : workflow

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by audiokid, Jun 24, 2014.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    So basically my Neos just got upgraded to a 24 channel space heater! I love that term. (y)
    Max, you have the best lines! :love:

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Max, if you click on the link it will take you to Harrisons forum where you can register and ask all the questions about the power supply you want.

i just read there's a new upgraded module with better eq's and a new 24 channel frame on stand alone legs. "it's keeps getting better and better every day in every way!

3. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    You guys really need to cool it with how good this desk is. Enough's enough. If you keep this up I'm gonna have to get a second mortgage....again.

FWIW, every friend I ever had with a dead Mackie told me that it died because of those damned ribbon cables.

4. ric3xrt

ric3xrt Active Member

first there would be no extra conversions. it would be the same. second there's no "tape warmth" from the xt20's. these are digital tape machines, not analog.
    the hd24 is a digital recorder as well. there is no reason you should be getting distortion the way you are describing it.
    use the hd24 for your main converters. 24 bit is going to sound better due to bit rate. when you go to mix you will do one conversion and there you can do your src.

Warmth, my be the wrong word for it, But when I ask people why they come here and not some of the other places, I hear the same things over and over, Warm, gritty, 70s rock sound..which is what I was looking for.
    I don't know why it distorts but I can't play music from the HD thru the Digital out into the Digital in on the adats.

Ribons are ok if you change them once they start to break down. The aMackies I use for the sound company I searched high and low for NOS ribbons, so I figure they are good for a year or two, then I'll go Digital.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed