1. Hi Guest, if you are interested in professional video editing software, be sure to enter to WIN > Vegas Pro 15 now!
    Dismiss Notice

Harvey, where'd ya get them "O" rings?

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by SlideMan, Mar 6, 2002.

  1. SlideMan

    SlideMan Guest

    I believe that you once suggested using rubber "O" rings to replace worn elastic in microphoone shockmounts, as purchased at automotive supply stores. I've checked some stores and catalogs and can't find any long enough.

    Any suggested sources or should I contact Neumann for their elasto-cord?

    All streched out in Minnesota,

    Jeff Roberts
  2. knightfly

    knightfly Active Member

    Jan 18, 2002
    Jeff, try the yellow pages under "industrial hydraulic" or similar - large industrial equipment uses up to at least 36" hydraulic cylinders - also, air actuated cylinders get pretty large, and go down to less than 1" diameter. Companies who specialize in repairs of such equipment, if they won't sell you a few, might be able to point you to their source. Also, maybe a logging supply or tractor repair shop.

    I haven't tried this, but maybe some of the "pony tail rubber bands" ladies use to do their hair up in buns or pigtails? I've seen some years ago that looked like a mil-spec mini bungee cord... Steve

Share This Page