1. Hi Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN ACID Pro Give-away
    Dismiss Notice

HD Recorders: RADAR/TASCAM/Mackie?

Discussion in 'Digital Recorders' started by etnier, May 28, 2001.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. etnier

etnier Guest

I originally posted this topic in the ProTalk forum, but am advised that hard disk recorders are seen as digital workstations here, so...

I am considering moving from 2" to one of the new hard disk 24-track recording systems and am asking for anyone's opinions of the relative merits of the units mentioned above. I don't really understand the operational differences between the two, and am of course interested in sound quality, particularly as I will be using the unit's A/D/A converters a substantial amount.

(Specifically I would track anything more than 2-4 inputs using the recorder's A/D, and play back most projects using the recorder's D/A so as to have access to analog processing during mixdown. My console right now is an 02R with upgrade to a DMX100 or some unknown newer equivalent planned in the next couple of years.)

I need a box that is fully functional for tracking, lockup and editing, and very good sound quality throughout.

I have searched for a thread on this topic- you'd think there'd be one, but I can't find one. However, I have to say that the server for this board is so slow I didn't search as deeply as I otherwise might have. If there's a useful thread somewhere, I certainly would apprciate a reference to it.

Thanks in advance...

And, of course, some important additional information for you:

:) :( :eek: :p

2. tn.redman

tn.redman Guest

I've heard about a new box by Bertsch Electronics in Canada called the DPR32. You can see more at Bertsch DPR32. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else though.

Has anyone seen this unit and could compare it to the "Radar/Tascam/Mackie"?

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed