Headphone questions

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by Stanza, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Stanza

Stanza Guest

Hi everybody,
    Im new to all of this and i want to know wich headphones are good for what i want.

Im a singer and when im recording, i want to hear my music.
    But i dont want the music to go in the mic.
    You know, what they have in those studio's.

So the artist could sing his text, but the music he/she hear cant go in the mic. A headphone thats closed, that only the artist can hear it and if someone's next to him, they cant.

I cant give more then 100,- for it.
    I looked in the search but i dont have that much time cuz i also need to do other things.. i hope someone can help me :D

thanx,
    Stanza

2. hargerst

hargerst Distinguished Member

Sony 7506's are pretty much the standard for most people. A little bright, but they're the most common.

3. Stanza

Stanza Guest

Is that under the 100,-? cuz i couldn't find the price at the sony website..

Stanza

4. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

right at 99 I believe. If you don't want the music getting to the mic, and you want some less-bright headphones, AND you want to look hilarious whilst wearing them; then check out the Extreme Isolation headphones which are around $80 if I remember right.

I think I have had an issue with a click track bleeding through on a drumtrack using the Sony's, but they do sound MUCH better than the Extreme Iso phones. But if you don't require a high-pitched click blaring in your ear, shouldn't be a problem.

5. sproll

sproll Active Member

I'm not sure how much they are in USD, but if you want some really nice headphones that isolate like no tomorrow, check out the Sennheiser HD-280's. They are great headphones, and realllllly comfortable.

6. hargerst

hargerst Distinguished Member

Musician's Friend has the Sennheiser HD280's at $99.95.

7. Boltino

Boltino Guest

The Extreme Isolation headphones are great at isolation, but the drivers are very heavy on the low mids and don't sound that great. I would go with the Sennheiser HD280's.

8. Stanza

Stanza Guest

Are there any more headphones i can choose from?
    Like sony.. ect..?

Stanza

9. Boltino

Boltino Guest

The Sony 7506 are a very good set of headphones, but if you are worried about isolation, I would go with the HD280.