Headphone splitter cable

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by divingduck, May 19, 2006.

  1. divingduck

    divingduck Guest

    I thought this would be a simple request, but the cabling company I've ordered from have got it wrong twice now:

    I want to connect two mono outputs from my Fireface to an Art Headamp (1/4" stereo jack input). Is this possible, or a bad idea, to effectively use a "splitter" cable in reverse?
    The cable I've been sent has no signal going to the Right channel of the headphones (both outputs from FF are being sent to left channel). I'm no wiring expert, obviously.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Boswell

    Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

    Apr 19, 2006
    Home Page:
    You could try an insert cable, not a splitter cable.
  3. Kev

    Kev Well-Known Member

    Nov 13, 2001
    It's possible

    if the outputs are unbalanced and levels are too much for the HPamp input

    I make stuff like this and it is likely this is not a single standard cable
    ... it may take a few adapters to get there IF you do want off the shelf items

    as I said
    this is where I started my DIY


    you might want a variant of cable 14

    two monos to the TRS in stereo
    I tend to use TRS everywhere and just modify my wiring technique

    as was suggested above ... a typical insert lead could get you started
  4. divingduck

    divingduck Guest

    Thanks for the replies, and the links. Lots of homework to do!

    The FFace outputs can accept balanced or unbalanced jacks happily (according to the manual), so levels to the amp shouldn't be a problem. I'll investigate grounding issues.

    Thanks again.

Share This Page