Help PLEAZE what to do

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by tmay, Mar 17, 2002.

1. tmay

tmay Guest

Ok today I got a hold of two avalon 737 mic pres processors on a great bargin, question is with my delta 1010 , soundcraft m12 mixer, good mics and cubase and nuendo will I be able to get pro results with the equipment I have. Or will I have to dump the delta 1010. thanks

2. miketholen

miketholen Member

yeah, I think dumping your Delta will definately yield more "professional" results.
    that's an old trick that I've seen done many times before, it always works! :w:

3. MadMoose

MadMoose Active Member

You should be able to get good results if you're a good engineer. Work with what you have until it starts holding you back and you can hear the shortcomings of it. Would you be better off with a Mytek or a Benchmark? Yeah, but it won't make or break a recording as much your tracking and mixing skills will.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guests

I sorta dissagree with Mike (& thats kinda rare!) I recently did some additional production & mix on a track a band started on the same model Delta card.. I was suprised how fat it sounded.. and the production turned out well in the end!

:)

So, yes, it's official. It's time to start kicking ass with the gear ya already got!

:w:

5. miketholen

miketholen Member

so then, what's a Delta?
    c'mon I'm dying to know! ;)