Home Setup

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mdgraves, Dec 10, 2007.

1. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

Hey guys,

Im new to the forum and have been searching around for a decent recording forum around here and i think i might have found one. I am pretty big into home recording and recently purchased some stuff for my band to record a demo

Presonus - firepod

Studio Projects - Pre amp

Shure drum mic pack - 3 Sm 57's and one beta 52a

I am using adobe audition 3 also

I think this is pretty much all i need we also have a line 6 flextone 3 to work with along with a behringer v-amp.

2. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

i also have 2 behringer condenser mics as overheads, and m-audio studiophile dx4 moniters to mix with

3. Gertok

Gertok Guest

Upgrade to a better monitors dude

4. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

kind of on a budget with school and everything i picked them out for 60 bucks

5. Gibsonsg1090

Gibsonsg1090 Guest

Hey I would upgrade to a different type of mics too. Behringer is cheap and wouldnt do a great job for you to. Try the shure mics sm-57s. They just like the sm-58s but cheaper and they do a much better job.

6. Gertok

Gertok Guest

Good headphones are better sell them for 80 on ebay. I just sold mine for 89. I upgraded to a hs80m, but seriously good sennheisers or akg will do you better

7. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Dont' worry about upgrading yet, make a demo and take the time to learn how to make it better next time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

8. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

awesome, advice guys, i do need some better overhead mics ill research them. I have some stuff recorded you can go to myspace.com/thosedamncardinals all those songs i recorded with some cheap mics and a mixer

9. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Your stuff isn't half bad!

You're on your way, man.
    Patience and dedication is what it takes.

10. mdgraves

mdgraves Guest

thanks. We are re-recording all those songs with the new gear. I think i can get a "big" sound from the shure drum pack. Also I have been working on getting a nice guitar sound. I am definetly going to spend a lot of time on mic placement and eq'ing.