How Do You Mix Today?

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by Dave McNair, Oct 30, 2001.

1. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

I have some of that as well, a sound triggers an image of a space or a space triggers an imagined sound. Vision and hearing are closely associated because it really benefits navigating a 3D environment. The differences between people are probably in the part of the brain where the various sensory inputs are integrated. For most people it all just works without them knowing but others can see parts of the process in action. You're probably seeing the more organized part of the process and I'm probably seeing auditory information leaking into my visual perception before it's been properly organized.

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

hey! what works, works. right? it's all good!

3. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Me, I envision the performance and try and put everyone on a stage as I'm in the audience or in a movie I have in my mind.

4. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I think it's safe to say then, that we pretty much all "visualize" mixes to some degree or another. The methods we use, and images we picture, just varies from cooker to cooker, is all...

There is no right or wrong, there's just what works for each person. If you're turning out mixes that sound good, then what difference does it make what we each visualize? ;)