How to connect a subwoofer if you've only got two outs

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by karambos, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. karambos

    karambos Guest

    I have a pair of Genelec 1029A active monitors and am considering buying the subwoofer to go with them. But how should I connect it? I have a Behringer MX 2642A desk and an Audiowerk 2 card. At the moment the two outs from the card go into the desk group ins. How would the signal get split into the "bass" bit and the "rest"? Where do the cables go? I don't understand which piece of equipment decides which part of the stereo out signal goes where.

    I'm grateful for advice on this.
  2. Massive Mastering

    Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

    Jul 18, 2004
    Chicago area, IL, USA
    Home Page:
    Depending on the sub - You run your outs to the sub. The sub has post-crossover outs that go to your amp/powered speakers.

Share This Page