How to copyright music

Discussion in 'Publishing / Marketing' started by infamis, Jul 30, 2002.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Well-Known Member

Sound recordings are registered using the SR form. All material inherent in the recording is covered individually and/or collectively if it has never been previously registered. PA forms are used for Performing Arts registrations such as plays, teleplays, screenplays and musical compositions. There are also forms / categories for Literary Works, Visual Arts and Serials/Periodicals (magazines).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tannoy, Dynaudio, Blue Sky, JBL, Earthworks, Westlake, NS 10's :D , Genelec, Hafler, KRK, and PMC
    Those are good. …………………….. Pick one.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. mixman77

mixman77 Guest

REMOVED BY TTM MUSIC GROUP INC.

3. pponomarev

pponomarev Guest

I guess I'm still a bit confused by this.

I'm putting together an instrumental CD, primarily made in Reason. In one sense, it's a sound recording -- The sum of the exported sound files. In another sense, it's a composition -- I can export the MIDI files, then make notation from them in Digital Performer.

If you just get the sound recording copyright, can someone just rip off your melodies and harmonies with a different set of samples and/or instruments?

Or, what does the composition copyright cover what the sound recording one doesn't?

Thanks

4. pponomarev

pponomarev Guest

I guess I'm still a bit confused by this.

I'm putting together an instrumental CD, primarily made in Reason. In one sense, it's a sound recording -- The sum of the exported sound files. In another sense, it's a composition -- I can export the MIDI files, then make notation from them in Digital Performer.

If you just get the sound recording copyright, can someone just rip off your melodies and harmonies with a different set of samples and/or instruments?

Or, what does the composition copyright cover what the sound recording one doesn't?

Thanks

5. sneb goupter

sneb goupter Guest

hi there...... i would like to know if i send my songs recorded delivery does this made any diffence to beening copyrighted......or put it in your local bank i.e ( there safe ) .....

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed