1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X4!
    Dismiss Notice

I have invented a Hi Hat Bleed Suppressor please share my crowd funding campain

Discussion in 'Hi-Hats' started by Luc Prefontaine, Jul 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Luc Prefontaine

Luc Prefontaine Active Member

2. DogsoverLava

DogsoverLava Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hey Luc -- how about you do us the respect and actually participate here and establish your bonafides and some relationships/contributions before you treat the forum like a dumping ground for spamming us for your self interest. If you were a forum member and had a history of participation I'd be really curious (and have an incentive) to check out what you are doing and a desire to support it.... would you respond any different if I showed up on a forum you were a member of and started dropping links like this? What do you think? Reasonable?

audiokid and kmetal like this.
  3. Luc Prefontaine

Luc Prefontaine Active Member

I an Sorry, truely... I dis not know i would offend someone.. I was only trying to get some visibility and thought my invention would have been a good news for some.of you and a curious thing to talk about.. sincerely.. I clearly did not see this the right way and I ask for your forgiveness. I will try to delete my post.. I don't know if I can though.. If the site administrator reads this: PLEASE DELETE MY POST, IT WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO BARGE IN.

..anyway, it doesn't seem to interest anybody..

kmetal likes this.
  4. DogsoverLava

DogsoverLava Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I think lots of people might be interested in this Luc - sounds like a good idea, but the internet has rules.... you basically did a cold call here -- cold calling is one of the worst and laziest ways to sell a product - also one of the hardest. If you want success, understand that sales based on relationships are better than cold calls..... Just put in the time (a little effort) and get to know the culture of a forum, then you'll better know how to market to the forum.

Here's what you should have done 3 to 6 months ago:
    1. Research all the places and forums where people with an interest in this kind of product might gather (reddit/forums like recording.org, gear sluts etc...)
    2. Establish an online profile at each place you want to target. Listen - learn - figure out how each place kind of works and get a few people familiar with who you are....
    3. Identify key participants and influences in those sites -- establish a history of communicating with them - build relationships and make them like/respect you
    4. Introduce the idea that you are working on something...
    5. Lay out your indiegogo campaign..... your new friends will all love to check it out and your ability top get their buy in and interest will be much higher!
    Good luck. Feel free to stick around - People here would love to engage with a pro enthusiast with experience.... but you gotta participate before you try to sell to people.... that's just how MOST forums work.

5. paulears

paulears Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I would have said the same thing if clicking on the link hadn't shown me such a useful gizmo. Sometimes people get carried away with the excitement of what they're doing. I have to say his post never wound me up at all. New people join all the time and the spammy ones get zapped quickly usually, this one just worked ok for me. Sorry.

audiokid likes this.
  6. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Hi Luc, I'm from about 45min from you. (Valleyfield)
    I've been a member of RO for many years and this is a place the admins try hard to keep clean from spams and trolls.
    Most of us want to exchange about all aspect of recording and you are welcome to join in !

I have a youtube channel that is growing (only 560 members but got 70,1 k views in 2019)
    I'd be glad to demo your invention on my channel, if you are willing to ship me one. (I can do 1 in french and 1 in english)
    Let me know in private ;)

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed