Is a TRS Balanced cable the same as 1/4" stereo cable?

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by JoeW, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. JoeW

    JoeW Guest

    Hope I can get a quick, definitive answer on this...

    Is a TRS balanced cable the same as a 1/4" stereo cable that you can buy at Radio Shack? When I asked the people in the local Radio Shack, and in our local music store, that I wanted a TRS balanced cable, they looked at me blankly.

    I want to make sure they are the same...don't want to blow anything up! :(

    I'm going from a Focusrite VM into a Edirol UA_25 D/A.

    Thanks, and regards,
  2. Kurt Foster

    Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

    Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    Same thing ... different terminology ..

    1/4" 3 conductor plug at both ends , right?
  3. JoeW

    JoeW Guest


    The way the guy at Radio Shack looked at me, I thought maybe I was the one who was lost!

    Thanks, Kurt.
  4. oadamy

    oadamy Guest

    my friend and i once brought in a vintage synth drum (SYNARE) to radio shack to find a power supply.

    they were like "what are ya buildin'? a time machine?"
  5. Mediaguru

    Mediaguru Guest

    I hope you're not buying your cable at radio shack...
  6. JoeW

    JoeW Guest

    Heck no! I'm buying it from the outfit I bought my Focusrite from.

    Stuff I'll buy from Radio Shack? Hmmmmmm.... have to think on that.
  7. derelict

    derelict Guest

    get this, i went into radioshack to buy a longer 6pin firewire cable for my 828, first they told me they only have the software, and it's firewall not firewire :D then after i explained to them what i was talking about AGAIN, they told me such a cable doesn't EXIST!!
  • AT5047

    The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

Share This Page