Is my system upgradeable?9600/350 PT 5.0

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by Boom Chic, Apr 10, 2002.

  1. Boom Chic

    Boom Chic Guest

    I have a 9600/350 with Newer G3 500/250 card
    Mac OS 8.6
    Pro Tools Mix Plus vers 5.0
    Adobe Premiere 5.1c (for capture)
    Miro Motion DC-30 plus driver 1.2.1
    ixmicro Dual monitor card
    adaptec 2940uw scsi accellerator

    Anyone have a similar system upgraded to Pro Tools version 5.1, and OS 9.0.4?

    Anything I should be careful of if I decide to upgrade?

    O.S. would have to be 9.0.4 I think..for the upgrade.

    Thanks! :)
  2. digiengineer

    digiengineer Guest

    Hey Boom Chic,
    I have:
    9600/300 w/ OS 9.1
    Pro Tools 5.1.1 Mix+
    Adobe Premiere 5.1
    MiroMotion DC30+ w/1.2.1
    ATI XClaim 3D+
    Adaptec 2940uw

    Nooooo problems here! Good Luck on your upgrade.
  3. Boom Chic

    Boom Chic Guest

    Hi digiengineer,

    Thanks for the info.

    So you're using os 9.1 in your 9600? In the digidesign compatibility docs. it says 9.0.4 (9.1 not tested with these models). Looks like it works for you, though! :) Wonder if having the G3 card installed changes my compatibility for 9.1, I was gonna get 9.0.4, got any comments re:OS version? :confused:

  4. Greg Malcangi

    Greg Malcangi Member

    Oct 12, 2000
    Hi Boom Chic,

    I'm currently running PTMix++ 5.1.1 on my old trusty 9600/350, under OS8.6. Rock solid. In a couple of months or so I'll be upgrading to PT|HD and a new Mac.

  5. Boom Chic

    Boom Chic Guest

    Cheers Greg,

    I love going down the "frog and toad for a pigs ear" when I am in England. :)
  6. Hi Boom Chic,
    I'm in the same condition, 9600, OS8.6, PT5.0. I have OS9.1 and PT5.1.1 in studio 2 (on a G4) and really like the PT upgrade, but I've got too much going on in studio 1 right now to run the risk of having it down for any length of time. Unless I hear otherwise about putting PT5.1.1 on the 9600 (OS 8.6), I'll wait until I upgrade to the Dual processer (and the HD system) in June. I'll be interested in knowing if you are successful with it.
    BTW, great web site.
    Marc McManeus
    SoundPost Productions
  7. Boom Chic

    Boom Chic Guest

    Here's what I think I' gonna do. I want to upgrade to PT 5.1.x, and I think I want to upgrade from OS 8.6 to OS 9.1

    I am having a hell of a time finding OS 9 for sale or download!! How can I get OS 9? Please help me!! :eek:

    I just bought a Orangemicro combo firewire/usb and it is compatible with 8.6, so I think I'll do the PT upgrade first, and then change the OS once things are up and running.

  8. Boom Chic

    Boom Chic Guest

    Okay, here's where I'm at: just ordered the upgrade of Pro Tools to 5.1, just ordered OS X (has the OS 9.1 CD)

    First I think I should upgrade the system OS to 9.1 and then do the Pro Tools upgrade to 5.1.

    Wish me luck!! I should have everything by the end of this week.


Share This Page