Issue with altered audio output in cubase 9.5

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Jeremy Kauffman, Jul 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jeremy Kauffman

Jeremy Kauffman Active Member

Hi there everyone, I just got a new computer and redownloaded my Cubase 9.5 on it. I am having an issue where if I export a file or send the audio output through a speaker, it alters the pitch and tempo of the audio file. Any idea why this might be happening? Thank you!

2. paulears

paulears Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    sample rate mismatch - check that the 44.1 isn't swapped with 48KHz - this is the usual time and tempo mismatch. 98KHz is around double so amazingly fast or slow, and an octave adrift - so less common. it sometimes happens when a replay device is fixed to a sample rate and you accidentally export at the wrong one! Probably a preference in the old system not picked on the new one.

3. Jeremy Kauffman

Thank you! I believe I found the problem! When outputting the audio through speaker it automatically switches the sample rate to 48KHz. However, I can't find a way to change that. Would you have any idea how?

4. paulears

paulears Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Are you not using a proper interface? Some of the onboard audio systems have such badly designed drivers there's no way to know why it's behaving oddly - I bet with a proper audio interface it will be fine. Check to see if there is a newer driver available is my only suggestion if you really intend using it - but they're usually pretty dreadful quality and interface is the only solution for decent audio quality.

5. Jeremy Kauffman

I am only using this a temporary setup as I lost the good headphones that I use so it most likely isnt worth it. It wont be too long until i can save up for another pair. thank you so much for your help!

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed