It's TAX Time kids - Quiz question about home studio deductions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by natural, Mar 4, 2010.

  1. natural

    natural Active Member

    Jul 21, 2006
    I just opened up my home studio this past year (2009)
    Spent about 10k on remodeling a room to be used as the studio.

    When I owned my commercial studio I would take remodeling construction cost depreciation on form 4562

    Where do i make this deduction if I'm claiming the studio as a 'home office'?
    I think my choices are:

    - There are places on form 8829 (home biz) but that seems to cover modifications to the home. This is a modification to just the studio, and should be able to depreciate 100% as a studio expense. But I don't see where or how to apply it on this form

    - Back to the 4562 and depreciate it over the next 39 yrs. (I should be dead or completely deaf by then)


Share This Page