KISS and their snare rolls

Discussion in 'Drums' started by Paladyne, Feb 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Paladyne

Paladyne Guest

Ok, so I am listening to KISS recently, and I notice somthing about their snare rolls. They seem to have a faint flanging quality to them. Anyone else noticed that, or heard a similar effect on any other album?

my little brother just gave me their greatest hits, I think I may have to start picking up a few of their albums, great stuff.

Eric

2. Chance

Chance Guest

strange you should mention that, as I met Peter Kris at NAMM show

3. timster

timster Active Member

Peter Kriss = most awful , WHIMPY drummer I have ever heard, terrible. He hits the snare like a 60 year old jazz drummer! its ^#$%ing rock music!!!

4. tripnek

tripnek Active Member

Rumor has it that Kevin Valentine did the Drum tracks on the last Kiss CD. Paul and Gene didn't think Peter had the right stuff I guess.

5. Ron.G

Ron.G Active Member

He just might be 60 years old.

6. Paladyne

Paladyne Guest

Timster, OUCH! hahahahaha. Yeah, I dont know why the engineer didnt eq the heck out of the snare hits, he is no Bonham. Still, the rolls are snappy. I was listening to The Dillinger Escape Plan "Beyond Infinity" today, they DEFINATLY throw some snare rolls into a phaser or something like that. Imma gunna try it myself now. Dillinger Escape Plan's drummer is beyone belief, just about the sickest Metal drummer I can think of.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed