Lexicon Reverb shootout! please contribute?

Discussion in 'Reverbs / Effects (outboard)' started by gie, Sep 10, 2001.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. gie

gie Guest

Hi there.

Let's all make a hitlist of some Lexicon units.
    I'm curious how you guys all rank the different pieces.
    Here we go... We have a scale of 0 to 100..
    I'll give the MPX 100 a score of 10 and the 480 the 100 points.. Please fill in all the other units in between. [btw: the 960 is not in this list, because I haven't heard one yet, but you may add it to this scorelist]
    And please JUDGE on the REVERBS (so not on the quality of the other effects!)...
    For example take the STUDIO A preset on all this units... how do the compare on a scale from 0to100 ???

Here we go (please copy the list below for your reply and fill in your scores)

---------------------------------
    LEXICON REVERB quality scorelist:
    -M480L-----> 100
    -PCM81----->
    -PCM91----->
    -MPX1------>
    -MPX500---->
    -MPX200---->
    -MPX100----> 10

----------------------------------

Ok... there we go!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

I haven't really liked anything they've made since the 224X with the blue metal controller. I started to lose interest in Lexicon stuff right around the time they came out with the 'LARC' controller, and stopped making the PCM-42.

3. gie

gie Guest

Fletcher: Not to be rude; but that's a different thread! ;)

4. coldsnow

coldsnow Active Member

MPX 500 = 20
    MPX 1 = 20
    They are a little better than the 100, but compared to say a TC M one they are lacking quite a bit in reverb quality only. More presets on them which is nice but the reverbs, I don't feel are their strong suite. The guys at Lexicon suggested that the 500 actually has better reverbs than the 1, but I think they are about the same.