Logic Fun MIDI problem

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by seven, Jan 31, 2002.

1. seven

seven Active Member

Home Page:
    I recently downloaded Logic Fun, and the midi out on my keyboard is not working. The cable is brand new, and I checked the connections, they're just fine. Midi in works great. I'm using a Casio CTK-530 keyboard. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. pan

pan Guest

of the keyboard, or the MIDI-interface or inside logic???? Please make up your mind!

...sounds like a hardware-problem to me

3. seven

seven Active Member

Home Page:
    Okay...let me rephrase my statement. The [midi in] on the transport window on the Logic program is reading "no in", while the [midi out] is reading action. The connections are fine.

4. pan

pan Guest

in other words..you cannot record, but you can create a new sequence in the Arrange and let it output on an Instrument to trigger your synth?
    I must admit, that I'm not too familiar with that version - emagic made a VERY limited free version. You're better off with the Logic-Rocket-Version - look at their site, it should be available over there.

5. seven

seven Active Member

Home Page:
    Thanks, the cable was labled wrong...out was in and vice versa...anyhow...my problem now is that there is a slight delay between the time that I actually hit the note on the keyboard and the time it's heard on the program...it's throwing off my tempo...what to do?

6. pan

pan Guest

Hey Seven. I think you're likely to find useful information about the basics of logic in the logic-user-group. Here's a good point to start:

http://community.sonikmatter.com/cgi-bin/emagic/ultimatebb.cgi

I'm sorry to appear rejective, but there are better resources for your kind of problems: With hopefully more input and more traffic. Hope to hear from you,