Looking for a portable pre-amp and a reference headphone AMP

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by digdug, Feb 21, 2004.

1. digdug

digdug Guest

I plan on purchasing a marantz PMD670 or a Fostex FR-2 and I'll Be needing a dual channel or 2 single channel battery powered preamps.

Also I'd like to get a CLEAN uncolored headphone amp... My budget would be pretty tight so spending 1300$ on a reference headphone amp is sorta out of the question.

On another note I plan to purcahse an Aardvark LX6 I/O for what I do (sound design) it seems perfect. Anyone have any opinions on this unit?

2. Bill Park

Bill Park Guest

Re: Looking for a portable pre-amp and a reference headphone

I believe that the RME 4 channel half rack mic pre can be remote powered. The Metric Halo Mobile I/O can, but that is probably out of range for your project. There are a number of battery powered pres in use for ENG work and film, covering a wide range of prices.

Bill

3. digdug

digdug Guest

Re: Looking for a portable pre-amp and a reference headphone

Yeah the RME is way more than what I need. I just need pres for 2 channels on my PMD670 or fr-2 (which ever I decide on). I was thinking more like 2 Sound Device MP-1's or an Apogee MINI-MP at the most.

Thanks for the reply!