M-Audio powered studio monitors

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by Deon Herbst, Jun 17, 2003.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Deon Herbst

Deon Herbst Guest

Hello everyone,

I am starting out with a small studio setup and I would like some assistance with the chioce studio monitors.

I heard of Behringer Truths, M-Audio BX8's - any suggestions as to what other good powered monitors are available in this price range.

Thanks and regards,
    Deon

2. Tore Nylund

Tore Nylund Guest

Well, I have just heard those monitors once, and I thought they were not what I wanted. I would strongly recommend that you try out the KRK V4, I think thaey are really amazing. Maybe a little bit more expensive... but I've seen them for 600 USD / pair.
    Another choice for ~500 USD would be Yamaha MSP5.
    I know that many like them since their sound is quite close to the NS10's.... ( but I don't like the NS 10). Hopefully Kurt Foster will have a review on them here soon.
    Maybe you should also listen to Tannoy reaveal.

Finally I think that you should listen to the monitors and maybe bring home the 2-3 pairs that you like the most... and then let your ears decide.

3. themidiroom

themidiroom Active Member

I wasn't very impressed with the sound of the M audio SP8 monitors. I have a pair of Behringer Truth monitors and I have had very good translatable mixes on them. I hear the Reveals are decent. I listened to the Yamaha MSP10s and I thought they sounded pretty good, but I heard they have issues with limited speaker excursion at moderate to loud sound levels.