Masterlink remote - What is the deal?!

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by Mad John, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Mad John

Mad John Active Member

What is up with this remote? I have never expirienced anything like this. You have to be directly in line with the indicator on the Masterlink, or it doesn't work!

Any one else have this problem? :mad:

2. lowdbrent

lowdbrent Guest

Yes, if it infrared not RF.

I also have noises, as in pops when I push eject and transport buttons. VERY annoying.

3. Mad John

Mad John Active Member

Yeah, I get those too! Much of the time there can be a "pop" when you have pressed stop on a recording, rather than pause, so that when it goes to the next track, there is an anoying digital pop!

Sometimes its there other times it is not. What I hate about that remote is that I can't use it for critical work.....the command buttons (little Japanesse micro toy like rubber pests!) fail half of the time.

They made that part of it very badly! :d:

4. lowdbrent

lowdbrent Guest

Well, considering that they only have $424 in parts in the thing, I'd say they could have spent a few extra bucks on the remote.

I am glad that I got a deal on mine. Otherwise I would never had bought it. I paid $750 for it, from a little mom and pop music store in Iowa. I was on a tour, and making the usual rounds, to get "the deal of a life time."