Mic Problems

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by staticnomad, Feb 13, 2005.

  1. staticnomad

    staticnomad Guest

    I got a hold of some mics and recording equipment today, and sadly the connection I thought might work for me, won't. For these mics, I'll need something to convert from the mic cable size to 1/4" (patch cable size), or even headphone size (1/8"). The only thing I have access to that can do that is the actual mixing board, which I'm not at liberty to use. The DI Boxes, what I thought would work, convert the other way, from 1/4" to mic cable size.

    Does anyone know of any other way to convert from mic cable size to 1/4", or 1/8"? I'd like to use these, since I'll get better sound quality then with what I'm working with now, but it's not not that important. Anyways, thanks in advance!
  2. backinthelab

    backinthelab Guest

    I'm not sure about getting better sound quality by doing this, but what you need is a Female XPR to 1/4" adapter. You can find them at any Guitar Center or online music store. Don't use a DI unless you're using direct line out from an instrument.

Share This Page