Mic that doesn't pick up guitar picking sound?

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by MC208, Mar 30, 2018.

1. MC208

MC208 Active Member

2. paulears

paulears Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Yep - that's the thing you need.

MC208 likes this.
  3. ronmac

ronmac Active Member

4. MC208

MC208 Active Member

vxlr+ seems to be out of stock everywhere;; what would be a good substitute to use with the JK MIC-J 069?

5. ronmac

ronmac Active Member

If you can, wait it out for them to return to stock. Anything else that will work satisfactorily (DPA, Sennheiser, Ambient) are much more expensive (and all better still than the Rode). The lesser brands (Diety, Movo) will only yield a noisier signal, IMO.

6. MC208

MC208 Active Member

7. paulears

Home Page:
    We've got them in Europe? That probably doesn't help does it!

8. MC208

MC208 Active Member

I found one and ordered it, just hoping they don't reply and say it's not in stock, fingers crossed (n)

9. paulears

Home Page:
    Well I bought something from Amazon for £800 on the 4th, and it hasn't arrived. Amazon then mysteriously emailed me to say that I needed to contact the supplier and cancel it, but not to worry, as my money was safe. Odd, I thought - it was one of their external sales links. I contacted them and got nothing back. Amazon said that it would automatically cancel by 12.30 today, so at 1pm I checked back to discover it had not cancelled - so I did one of their on line chats. They transferred me to somebody else who took over, who then mysteriously told me their people would need to email me. Which they did to reveal the seller went into liquidation in August - and that I needed to contact my bank to prevent the liquidator drawing the visa debit. My bank of course report they cannot do this, so I'm stuck. Under British law, the liquidator can recover money to service debts, which gives them the right to draw my money if they notice the order. It's great being scammed, but not being scammed and having to wait is even worse. My bank tell me I can ban Amazon totally if I wish, which will prevent any payments being taken by amazon, but they cannot guarantee that the payment will not be taken by whoever the company bank account is held by, which might not of course be amazon at all, but dodgydave ltd - and I don't know who to try to prevent taking the money. I'm effectively in limbo. If they take the money, then i become an unsecured creditor. What a mess! Amazon of course say it's nothing to do with them, and the chat transcript has vanished where they said not to worry, I was safe - luckily I was canny enough to save it before it vanished!

10. MC208

MC208 Active Member

Yeah things are crazy lately with suppliers due to the pandemic; the one I found wasn't on Amazon so I think it should be fine as far as I can tell.

11. paulears

Home Page: