Mixing to CDR or CDR/W

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by Luke, Sep 4, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Luke

Luke Guest

Is there a sonic difference mixing to CDR/W as opposed to CDR? I like the idea of being able to fix false starts or start/stop times, or making alternate mixes then copy from CDR/W to CDR as a final mix.Would this be an acceptable way to do it, or would I be better off going directly to CDR?
    Thanks in advance,
    Luke

2. try2break

try2break Guest

I wouldn't trust RWs for audio. Most CD players can't read them anyway. The dynamic range of the RW physical meduim is a lot less then that of CD-R. And CD-Rs have less than pressed commercial CDs. I'm talking about light dark pits here, not audio dynamics. If you have the master in .wav format on a CD-RW I don't see a problem.

Don't you have any 24 bit audio recording devices? Surely you would rather use this than lowly 16bit/44.1.

3. Luke

Luke Guest

I have an analog setup and a Finalizer to get to digital.I run the main +4 outs of my Mackie 24/8 to Finalizer then aes/ebu out to Fostex CR-300.