Mods to existing gear...Black Lion Audio?

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair Modifications DIY' started by pr0gr4m, Mar 20, 2007.

1. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I came across the Black Lion Audio website. They make modifications to gear to improve it. I don't necessarily think there is a big problem with the gear I have, but their offerings have peaked my interest and have got me wondering how much of an improvement these mods would make.

I have an AI-3 and 828MKII, both of which they do modifications forand it looks like they change out the opamps.

I was just wondering if anyone has used them or has heard some before and after comparisons of equipment they have modified.

2. BRH

BRH Active Member

Ask about Black Lion on Digidesigns User Forum, the DUC. Some have had their 002 modded and say they like it. For the Money, just buy something better, IMHO. I bypassed the 002 pres, AD/DA altogether, hench... no need for a mod. One large dongle.

3. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

it seems things arent exactlly agreed on.. ive heard people rave about the mods... and ive heard guy's like lavrey say keep your money save for a better one or perhaps do more improvement by upping your monitors or space...