Mojave MA-300 - Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by audiokid, Jun 22, 2011.

1. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I'm looking over the Mojave website and see they have their new MA300 online now. What I see different is the remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector.

http://www.mojaveaudio.com/MA-300.html

Anyone know what this means exactly?

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

It's like other continuously-variable-pattern mics, I believe. I tried to find out the specifics by contacting them, but several weeks later they still haven't replied. Anyway, the other mics like this simply have a rotary pot that starts at "Omni" at one extreme, and as you rotate the control, ends up on "Figure *" at the other end. In between are various "shades" of Cardioid
    (Wide, Hyper, etc.), I want to say that the control is varying the bias between the dual capsules to determine the directionality.

3. audiokid

audiokid Chris Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi Moon, sounds right to me, thanks for explaining that so well. I contacted Dusty (from Mojave) yesterday so maybe he will chime in here and tell us more on it.

4. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like a really nice arrangement, definitely worth the upgrade from the 200.

5. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

All of my tube mics have this on the power supply. And technically I think its as Moon said.