Monitoring works but Cant record, no metronome (cubase LE 9.5, Behringer UMC404HD)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manuel_trnd, Jan 5, 2019.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. manuel_trnd

manuel_trnd Active Member

Hey there,

I just got Cubase LE 9.5 , and a BEHRINGER UMC404HD Interface. Its connected Via USB, obvioulsy.
    If i plug my guitar into the interface i get monitoring on my headphones, and i can also see signal in the program input mixing panels.
    But if i press RECORD there is no Signal being Recorded, (even tho i can hear the monitoring) and i cant hear the CLICK or a COUNT IN. Even tho i activated the click and everything. its so weird, and iam getting pretty desperate...

It seems like the interface is not giving the signal to cubase correctly OR the Stereo/Mono In/Outputs are Selected wrong. even tho i get signal and iam sure i selected the right inputs.

Did anyone here have similar issues or knows what i could do ?
    Thx a lot!

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    I don't use cubase but most programs are similar. Its sounds like you simply haven't routed the input to the track itself. I'd look at routing closer.

Hope this helps.

3. manuel_trnd

As you can see there is signal on the audio track. Just when I press record, it doesn't record the signal..

Attached Files:

4. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    where is the audio being stored ? Has the drive been allocated?

5. manuel_trnd

So I just downloaded the older version of cubase ,9.0, and its recording the audio! But if I play it, i can't hear it. But now, for the first time there is a wave form. Do you know what to do ?

And to answer your question, I didn't change the place where the audio is being stored, I just left it on standard.

Attached Files:

6. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    are you able to play past session or tracks?

7. manuel_trnd

This is the first track I created with cubase, so I cant tell you

8. manuel_trnd

I just figured it out! Monitoring must be off for playback !

9. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    right on!

10. paulears

paulears Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I guess this solves your other topic? Can I suggest that you are going to have to really spend some time in Cubase's various menus - it's not the most simple to navigate but getting things set up properly is important. Input and output routing, plugins, and daft things like metronomes etc. Also things like solo - how it works can be changed, so pressing an S button turns off the other track S buttons, or leaves them on - or switches things too the active track. The list goes on. It can be infuriating.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed