Monitors

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by phillip, Oct 4, 2005.

1. phillip

phillip Guest

Quick question, I am currently buying a new pair of near field monitors for my studio and I am haveing a problem deciding on what would be the best monitors for around a grand. I have worked with the KRK V8 out of various studios and I absolutly love these monitors and I am leaning towards these. I just wanted to get some opinions from other engineers with there personal preferences. I like the NS-10's but I don't want to have to search everywhere to find replacement speakers for these. Any suggestions would great. I appreciate your help. The room is around 8' by 12', so it is not a huge room, hence I don't need to big of speakers, but when the band is listening back I do want to pump them up to get the band hyped up. Thank's again

2. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

I'd say you're initial feelings are the correct ones, go with the KRK's. I've really never read about anyone being disappointed by them and I sometimes mix on the 5" versions and they rock. I personally use Event 20/20 bas V2's and they're amazing. I'd say steer clear of ns-10s. You see them everywhere but they are more for checking mixes not making good mixing decisions.

3. phillip

phillip Guest

Thank you for your help. The 20/20's sound great too, I have just used the KRK alittle more and you are right about the ns10's. Thank you once again..

Phil