1. Buy or Sell at your your own risk. RECORDING ORG is not responsible for any loss due to using this free and public service. Buyer/seller BEWARE. Your are accepting this when using this free public service.

For Sale moonbaby studio gear for sale due to health issues

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by moonbaby, May 1, 2018.

1. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

I am in Northeast Florida and have a boatload of mics and processing gear that I must sell. I would rather deal with someone in my region than to ship this stuff out, so maybe there are some interested parties near me who I can deal with. Time is of the essence due to health issues that have recently come up. After 30+ years of recording, Moonbaby has to retire everything. Here is a sample of what needs to go:
    AEA R92 $600 .................................... Presonus ADL600 tube preamp $900
    AKG C-414XLS $600 ............................. Focusrite ISA 430 (UK built) $800
    Beyer M160 $450.....................................Universal Audio Solo 610 $600
    Heil PR-35 $225 ......................................Grace M101 $400
    Heil PR-40 $250.......................................Valley People Dyna-Mite (2-ch) $500
    Neumann KM-185 $500............................Valley People 610 dynamics $400
    Shure KSM32 $350....................................McIntosh 5100 amp/preamp $500
    E/V RE-20/w. shock $450.........................Allen& Heath GL-2 (UK built) $500
    Sennheiser MD441u $450..........................Rode NT-5 (pr) $250
    PAIR of A-T 4050's $500/pr......................Shure KSM32 $350
    CAD E100s USA model $300.....................Shure SM81 (I have 4 total) $200 per PAIR
    1965 Valco Supro 1624T $1200..................1964 Fender Princeton Amp $1200
    1964 Fender Vibro-Champ $600................plus various DBX and Drawmer comps, Lexicon DSP
    Yamaha RM2408 8-buss desk $300
    Many more...
    Please contact me at :
    moonbaby55@bellsouth.net
    I can send photos and a pdf of all the gear for sale. Thank you for your interest...Jim Mooney, aka moonbaby

2. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Jim...
    I'm so very sorry to hear this.
    Is there anything we can do for you?

3. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Hard times for sure...
    Hope it goes well for you.

If those were canadian dollar prices I would have jumped on a few things.
    30% of dollar exchange 8% of custom fees and 15% of taxes has killed my US purchased for a while.. :(

4. moonbaby

Thanks to all of you, this is going to be yet another medical hurdle for me. Hawk has responded to this very nicely, and I really appreciated that. I kept the gear for as long as I could, pulling it out occasionally to do special projects, but no more. I have a very supportive family and staff at my day gig.
    I have one caveat to all: I gave up tobacco 20 years ago and thought that I was clear. I was not. And clove cigarettes are the worst thing to put into your lungs, even though they smell sweet.

5. paulears

paulears Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I know I'm in the UK, and a long way away, but thought I'd say as we Brits do - keep your chin up! From personal experience with a good friend, I'd suggest that the gear really doesn't matter. It's given you great pleasure and even if not being used, it's loss will be an additional pain you don't need. It might not appear to matter, but to anyone else, it's just equipment, to you, it's history. Sincere best wishes from this side of the water, Jim.

audiokid and pcrecord like this.
  6. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Very sorry to hear you are selling your gear, Jim. We wish you all the best with your medical problems.

Boswell

pcrecord likes this.
  7. moonbaby

Thanks for the support I'm keeping some sentimental things, but the vast majority is being sold to cover medical expenses.
    Bos, thanks for your kind words as well. You and I go back more than 10 years here at RO, you have always offered sage technical- and practical-advice. Take care.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed