More Accurate Midi, please help if you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by manchuriarecords, Jul 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. I have fruity Loops 4, and a midi keyboard named, Studio logic cmk 161, along with a yamaha ux16 1x1 usb midi interface. I heard midi had a delay but, wow! I can't play my music the way I want to because, when I try to play it on the keyboard if I play too fast it cannot pick up what I am trying to do accurately, I tried adjusting the buffer, and it worked to some degree, but, If I turn that down too low, the music sounds distorted, is there any way for me to get more accurate midi?

2. David French

David French Well-Known Member

The problem is called latency, and is created by your soundcard, not your MIDI interface. What soundcard do you use? You may need to buy a new one.

3. ?

i use whatever the one that came with my computer has, it's a dell dimension 2400 it has 2.4 ghz, 256 mb ram memory, 40 gb hard drive

4. David French

You're going to have to buy a new soundcard with ASIO drivers in order to get better latency performance. If this is an option, I can make a reccomendation.

5. soundcard

whats a good sound card?

and by the way, I am currently using a cheap yamah ux 16 midi interface. But for my microphone I have a Tascam US122 interface, which has midi in and out, and it has latency adjustments, if I hooked a midi cable up to it, do you think it would be more accurate?

6. David French

Yes, absolutely.

7. !

Great! I gotta try it, thank you very much, im glad i joined this site.

8. David French

No problem. Tell your friends!