My daughter's wedding ceremony overhead mics

Discussion in 'Room & Overhead' started by vibrations1951, Aug 7, 2013.

1. vibrations1951

vibrations1951 Active Member

Hey Max! Thanks for the congrats and I really like the pre-nup idea! Well the big day has passed and went relatively well. I have learned that signage is not enough for power supply. Next time my outlets will be duck taped and fool...lots of fools...proof! I was constantly pulling out hot plate plugs in MY BOX and then just before the start of things some idiot decided to do it again. Took down all the circuits...Sh@#$%^&T!1 So I finally get everything fired back up, no damage but...yup I forgot to hit record on the HD24. I finally figured it out and started when the minister did. Okay not too bad I thought. Let 'er run...9.5hrs @48HZ 16 channels...golden right? Wrong. There was a back up DJ to take over at 9PM. Time for me to leave...my power switched off...OH NO! I hadn't hit stop record on the HD24...nada...got nothin'. Oh well...saves me a lot of mixing later huh?! Well at least the recording was a surprise she knew nothing about. My son got it on video so we'll see. Bottom line is it all went real well with no disasters and the sound was damn near perfect! Many thanks to Bos, Pcrecord and DVD for the support! You guys are the best. I was dad first and that made the rest just fine...a few tears but they were happy ones all around.

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Congratulations on getting through it!

If you are interested in having a go at recovering the audio, there's a guy on the HD24 Yahoo group called Marc Brevoort who could guide you through it, as long as you have not tried to record anything else on that drive.

3. vibrations1951

Wow Bos! Thanks for the congrats and how exciting about recovering the lost recording! I haven't tried to record anything so there may be a chance. I'll get on that Tues. We have to move our son tomorrow so with any luck, soon. Thanks so much for the lead!

4. MadMax

MadMax Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Bos beat me to it... except the link: HD24tools

Get in touch with the Yahoo group and talk to Mark... Establishing the EOF headers is all that's wonked. You'll be able to recover it!!

Again, congrats!!

5. vibrations1951

Very cool Max! Thanks..this is way above my knowledge base ..."EOF headers" and all but I'm very excited to give it a try!Later!

6. MadMax

MadMax Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    There's a part of the utilities that lets you set the EOF = End of File... It's the length of the song (in Hr:Min:Sec:Frames) that gets written into the header of the file.

It's all in the directions/manual and pretty straight forward.

Not that I'mma HD24 x-pert... but if you run into anything and can't get a hold of anyone or find it in the forums/FAQ, gimme a shout.

7. vibrations1951

Ok Great. I'll check it out and let ya know if I get stuck. Thanks again!

8. vibrations1951

UPDATE!! To all of you thanks soooooooooooo much. Mark was a big help and I just finished transfering all the tracks to my DAW (Nuendo)! My son did a digital video and my hope is to put the sound track I got to the video and do this through Nuendo. I have no experience with this at all. Gonna have to get on a Nuendo forum I guess. Thanks again and again for all the help. I truly can't believe it! I got good tracks of the ceremony from the line out on the 810! Plenty good to work with. She will be so happy cause she doesn't even know I did any recording. wish me luck!

9. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Great to hear it worked out OK.