Nady PRA-8 Mic Preamp

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by Algawits, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Algawits

Algawits Guest

Im new with this stuff. How would I hook the Nady PRA-8 Mic Preamp up to my PC?

2. Jbrax

Jbrax Guest

you will need a audio interface.
    Pra-8 is a 8 separate Mic pre's..
    to use it to full effect you will need a audio interface that has atleast 8 in/8 out. that hooks up to your computer\via either Firewire or USB ..

3. Algawits

Algawits Guest

Thanks. Is there a cheap audio interface that fits the description? Is there a Mic Preamp that has 5-8 audio inputs that will directly connect to my computer via usb/firewire. Im looking for kinda cheap yet somewhat quality.

4. Algawits

Algawits Guest

SMPro Audio PR-8 8-Channel Mic Preamp
    How does this connect to a PC?

5. Gertok

Gertok Guest

The same way as nady through 1/4 TS cables, and whatever your inputs are. You nned something like delta 1010 LT to connect it.

6. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

I'm afraid to tell you that you're only hitting one of those. You're getting the cheap...not so sure about the "quality" aspect.

Have you considered spending just a tad more and getting something like a PreSonus or MOTU 8Pre??

7. Gertok

Gertok Guest

Yeah, I would rather get one good channel versus 8 bad ones.

8. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Well...see that's not really a solution. Perhaps this guy NEEDs 8 channels...

1 good channel may work for a singer/songwriter, but not for someone wanting to track a full band. It's all about his requirements.

The Presonus and the MOTU both are great units and don't cost an arm and a leg and both have 8 channels (and both come with some free software).

Personally, 1 good channel does me no good. I need a minimum of 2 to 4 good channels but prefer to have 32... ;-)

9. Algawits

Algawits Guest

ahh. thanks for all the help