Need a program to record when a certain level (dB) is reached.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Unregistered, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hi, I need a program to start recording audio when a certain audio level is reached or when there is noise. I have googled and can;t find anything. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. recording engineer

please indicate if you want to trigger an automatic recording on reaching a specified dB. you may have to do this in analog domain.

DD

3. apstrong

apstrong Active Member

Audio Zone Trigger 1.6 by Omega Unfold - Download for free

Audio Trigger | Download Audio Trigger software for free at SourceForge.net

4. Addison-im

Addison-im Guest

Hey buddies...hope all of you will be fine...well...here is problem...I use multi sync mic for recording but I can hear noise in output...if some one could recommend me any sort of recording software??

5. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Addison Im,
    You need to start your own threads instead of hijacking some other subject with very loosely related questions.

6. mdb

mdb Active Member

Does the recording have to start and stop or is there just low noise you don't want to hear? You could use a noise gate, but you'd be recording continually and wouldn't get an audible signal until the signal surpassed the threshold set on the gate. It might work for your situation. Maybe a noise gate can be side-chained to a midi device that controls the recording feature of the DAW?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.