Need adive on the mixing of these tracks!

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by officialhipnotic, Mar 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. officialhipnotic

officialhipnotic Active Member

Hi guys , iv'e posted this in other sections of the forum and have no reply, so im trying my luck here!

Im new to recording and mixing/mastering myself,im using Pro Tools.

I basically need to no what's wrong with these songs (songs below) and what else needs to be done to get clear vocals because they sound thick (& not mixed well at all) im looking to get a sound like this Reepa - My Life - Prod. By Reepa - YouTube

I don't no how to use EQ or anything on my tracks the only thing i use is the compresser and iv'e used it on all 3 at the same setting which is as follows

knee 16.3
    attack 5.1
    gain 4.4
    ratio 8.1
    release 190.5
    thresh 17.1

Here are my last 3 songs starting from the 1st one i did to the most recent

1st home recording -Hipnotic - Better days (Remix) by officialhipnotic on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

2nd home recording -Hipnotic - Bedroom window by officialhipnotic on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

3rd (most recent) home recording - Hipnotic - This is for (Prod. Red skull) by officialhipnotic on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

If you've took the time to read that big thanks and i appreciate any help you guys can offer!!

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Member

You have double post this

3. superiorinferior

superiorinferior Active Member

Home Page:
    It seems like on the first one the lyrics are a little jarring because they're not really following the music.