need advice in setting up equipment

Discussion in 'Microphones & Recording' started by tofumusic, Apr 29, 2007.

Tags:
  1. tofumusic

tofumusic Guest

Hey I've been out of the scene for a while and a friend of mine just bought some equipment .. i'm trying to figure out the best way to set this stuff up. . any recommendations on setup and other equipment to buy? since this is mainly for fun/experimentation and he's sort of new to production i've been recommending a digi 002, mbox or yamaha aw16g for a hard disc recording solution but if you can think of anything better i'd appreciate any input.. speaking of input, here's what we've got so far as setup:

behringer eurodesk mx24421, korg kaosspad 1, a PC with traktor, an am/fm tuner/tape player, a cd player, patch panel, roland MS1.. no synths yet.. working on that. thanks for any input.. just trying to maximize what he's got. . this is mostly for electronica/trance type style music

2. i didn't see no live up in there...if your doing electronica that can be a good start for production.

Ableton live

and for updates on all new gear check me out

Pro Audio Matrix

3. drumist69

drumist69 Active Member

Second the Ableton Live for electronica. Get an M-Audio card...they come with Ableton Live lite version to try out. Pick which one you need for how many inputs are needed. Andy

4. bwmac

bwmac Active Member

Well to be frank and up front it looks like some DJ gear.
    with some stuff missing (speakers ect.)

I think the console is just going to use a lot of room
    you can make all of the
    on a pc with out any of that other gear.

If you decide to plug things into the mixer then be carful that you dont get a loop going.

Good luck