Need some help with Digital Audio Connections.

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by andrewcubbie, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. andrewcubbie

    andrewcubbie Active Member

    Jun 10, 2005
    Home Page:
    Hello! I've been searched for while about this topic, but, alas, I've found nothing. So, I'm coming here to ask.

    I have seen there are "snake" cords that have 8 TRS or XLR cables sprouting from it. The TRS version looks like this ----------- "" ----------Notice how the connector is 25-pin. I, dont have a 25-pin input, but rather a 9-pin. I was wondering if there was a 9-pin - TRS 1/4" connector snake.

    Also, I was wondering if they make a TOSLINK - TRS 1/4" snake or just cable.

  2. ghellquist

    ghellquist Member

    May 25, 2004
    could you tell us what you want to connect. The equipment on each side of the cable that is. And how long cable you need. That will help in answering.

    And a Toslink to TRS cable is not a cable I have ever heard of. Toslink is an optical fiber sending digital signals. TRS generally is used for analog signals. So it would need to be either an AD converter or a DA converter depending on what way you want to convert (From Digital to Analog is a DA). And that kind of converter is generally a box.

  3. gootnBFF420

    gootnBFF420 Guest

    not relating to the question on cables...

    I am just wanting to know how much better I would sound going through a tube amp with a guitar than using the guitar rig?
  4. ghellquist

    ghellquist Member

    May 25, 2004
    Eeeh. Well. Cannot find that in your first question.

    And most guitar rigs I have seen have tubes. And a really good guitar player sounds good on any equipment. Are you?

    Well, what exactly is your question again?


Share This Page