need your help! :)

Discussion in 'Recording' started by adisasso, Oct 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. adisasso

adisasso Guest

I want to start recording myself singing along with piano or playback in my own room and in good quality. I hope to learn and use cubase.

I don't have any acoustic conditions.

2 questions for you:

1. I thought to buy a new microphone, should I have a dyanamic one or condenser?

I heard that the acoustics issue answers the question , but can I creat a cheap acoustics by myself or is it a waste of time and dyanamic microphone will produce better results?

can you recommend me on a good dyanamic microphone or condenser until 300$ ?

what do you say about the Studio Projects TB1, is it a waste of money to buy such an expensive condenser ?

2.my budjet to buy sound card is also 300$. I want it to have a preamp so I have the option to use a condenser now or in the future.

do you know good sound cards for my needs?

Thanks,

Adi. :)

2. TheJackAttack

TheJackAttack Distinguished Member

Shure SM58. For $300 I'd also get an SM57.

3. djmukilteo

djmukilteo Well-Known Member

You could get a brand new Shure SM57 or 58 for $89 with the $10 Shure cash back rebate....can't go wrong...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SM58/

take the $200 savings and add that to your $300 "soundcard" budget and get a nice Mackie Blackbird:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Blackbird/

No brainer!

4. rBennich

rBennich Active Member

Home Page:
    I would recommend the sE Electronics X1, as a good budget alternative. Also, get a windscreen. And maby an M-audio sound card. Fast Track MKII comes to mind.

5. DrGonz

DrGonz Active Member

The question here is what type of sound card do you intend on buying. What type of computer are you using? Is it PCI or PCI-E? Do you need a firewire interface? I recommend what I use for my 5yr old computer.... Emu-1820m Not a bad product and it has served me well. I use it in conjunction w/ a Mackie Board 1202-VLZ and the inputs sound really clean. I think you should get a dynamic mic since it is less expensive and it might sound better in a room that is not the most sound. To me reading your post it appears that if it seems like a waste of money then it is a waste of money. Get a SM58 and then spend the most money on the sound card. As you get better at your setup then adding mics will be more beneficial.