1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X4!
    Dismiss Notice

New member- Control Room Window installation Rod's book

Discussion in 'Acoustics (Live Room, ISO Booths)' started by Mark Edwards, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Mark Edwards

Mark Edwards Active Member

Hello everyone. My name is Mark. I am currently in the midst of building my home studio (live and control room) with the help of a local studio engineer, Dan Skye, here in central NJ. The walls are up and the glass thickness has been determined with the help of Rod's book (we both purchased a copy). I am trying to arrange for someone to prep the window opening for the glass installers per Figure 5.3 in Rod's book. By prepping, I mean doing everything short of installing the glass so that the glass company can measure, make, and do the final install of the glass.

Does anyone know of a contractor in the central New Jersey area that has experience in prepping the window as Rod provides? Or is there any way to get a more detailed step by step guide to back up Figure 5.3 that I can provide to a contractor?

I am trying to save money versus having a window manufactured (Overly or Soundproof windows.com) but may just end up going that route.

As a note, the space between my double stud walls is 7 1/8". The reason being that the wall is enclosing support columns.

Thanks.

2. Space

Space Well-Known Member

Can you provide a picture of the existng window area Mark

3. Mark Edwards

Mark Edwards Active Member

Sure thing. Here you go...

Attached Files: