New QuadOmni? recordings on Pipeorgan

_basso_

Hi!

Here is some exprimental mic- setup on pipeorgan :wink:

What do you pro guys, think about this recording and mic- setup.
I call the setup QuadOmni :p

[="https://lagring.storegate.se/USER/Files/Browse.aspx?PartnerID=65&Share=b001768d-b35a-4f1b-aec7-14dd98c7792a&Folder=8376700"]MUSIC FILES[/]

The microphones is 2 Sennheiser MKH8020 and 2 Gefell M296

Cucco

I'm curious -
Based on the pic, it looks like the 2 pairs of mics are pretty close together...what was your motivation for that? Was one of the pairs missing something? Or did you want a different sound?

Overall (after listening to the Liszt), I think the sound is smooth and open without too much decay to make it muddy. The bottom end is a tad on the hollow side, but I wonder how much of that is the room itself.

In all a very fine sounding recording and a nice sounding organ too!

_basso_

I did not have any special cause to put up the mic like this. I was only a bit lazy and corius to try some thing new. And a like the sound thats come to my ears...

Distans between the mic is 31.5 inch for the MKH 8020 and 39.37 for the Gefell M296.

_basso_

Cucco said:
I'm curious -
Based on the pic, it looks like the 2 pairs of mics are pretty close together...what was your motivation for that? Was one of the pairs missing something? Or did you want a different sound?

Overall (after listening to the Liszt), I think the sound is smooth and open without too much decay to make it muddy. The bottom end is a tad on the hollow side, but I wonder how much of that is the room itself.

In all a very fine sounding recording and a nice sounding organ too!

Thanks for your expert opinion, i am still a amateur in recording, slowly but surely i learn more and more :lol: