1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X4!
    Dismiss Notice

Nils Frahm's Piano Sound

Discussion in 'Acoustic Keyboards' started by Kaan, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Chris i do not despise you in any way. i want you to know this. i appreciate what you have done here and how you keep it going. i try to refrain from tossing monkey wrenches into the gears but sometimes i just have to disagree with something that's been said. it's not just you btw. i mean no offense.

also i don't hate digital recording. i prefer analog but i hate computer recording. there's a difference. vst's? space emulation? tools. i would use them but i don't have to love them. i also take issue when one person replaces ten musicians. these things we see differently. that's really ok.

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Good to hear. We both have this in common then ;) . I also call things out and try to elaborate, explain as best I can with hope it doesn't offend. Passion often sounds assertive.

Virtual technology and problem solving acoustic interference in a mix is of great interest to me. Sound design and sound replacement is a thrill. Spectral editing and using colour to replace what lives inside audio is a huge passion for me.
    I love making music but I love playing with it even more. This is why I like high quality converters and a DAW system that doesn't get in the way of the music. Its also why I like a great analog front end. Its also why I like transparent parts of a recording chain, I want to be able to hear what something is doing, which is why I also choose to use some mastering level in my workflow.
    Its also why I love the Bricasti. Peoples rooms sound terrible. The girls in this band are fun but I could never mix something that bad sounding, nor enjoy working with them. There is nothing anyone can do with them. You record a band like that, mix it fast and move on before your ears turn to hell.

Thanks for your kind words. You and I have been through a lot. There is nothing BS about you Kurt. Its what I love about you.

Big hug.

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

:LOL: ... it's already mixed Chris. nothing left for you to do. i kind of like the sound. it sounds real. cool studio too.

4. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    You are a true recordist, Kurt. Which is why your continued love of a console, tape deck is all you need.

I remember a day on stage when the sound of our band was competing with MTV on breaks. We were so humiliated from the DJ pounding out canned music during our breaks that sounded bigger than anything we could do, live. The audience didn't even see how ugly that was to do something like that to real musician. They could care less about us, it was the sound and the video that filled the dance floor. I tried to get our bass big and the microphones kept feedbacking. Night clubs had no acoustic treatment so open mics would start howling.

Our band lasted about another year until the clubs no longer hired live entertainment. The next year I bought a Linn Drum, Emulator II and a big ass PA system and started playing the songs DJ's were spinning. My PA was bigger, in stereo and I added samplers that had all the sounds of Pop songs being produced.
    I road that wave for another 12 years and made nothing but cash. Then started RO and bought a Pro Tools rig. Lol. I though I could talk about it back then and soon realized it was inconceivable that people were even using these samplers to replace things. People still think Billie Jean was tracked on real drums lol.

Anyway... I get what you are loving. I hope more markets open up for us.
    I love acoustic music without little if any corrections. I'm hoping to get some work doing that next year.

Kurt Foster likes this.
  • AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed