1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X5!
    Dismiss Notice

No Midi---a drummer who is recording his band Plz Help!!

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by david7287, Mar 22, 2005.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. david7287

david7287 Guest

Alright here it goes, I am a 17 year old drummer who is in a band and I would like to learn more about recording instruments in general, but espically drums. I have recorded a demo in the past nd it sounded ok except for some volume issues. The help that i need is in the stereo recordind process. I do not know how to record in stereo. I know a little about mic placement and stuff but its the equipment that the mic plugs into that bothers me. I have a basic mixer (made for a PA) that plugs into my computer through the sound input using a basic RCA cord. I have a multi track progarm that i used last time i recorded. After recording my band live through one track i put it stereo using one of the options on the program, but that wasnt true stereo-it just put all of the instruments combined into two channels. Plz help me, i dont know if the mixer is unorthadox or should i get something else, or what???

2. o2x

o2x Active Member

If you only record via a stereo input into your computer you have to use the pan control for each mic on your mixer before it hits the stereo out on the desk.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed