Noob question about Alesis Microverb 4

Discussion in 'Reverbs / Effects (outboard)' started by Georgeadey1992, Jul 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Georgeadey1992

Georgeadey1992 Active Member

Hi everyone,

I'm reasonably new to recording and have never used Rack Effects before. I have been given an Alesis Micorverb 4. Now this is the stupid question bit -

Can I run my guitar into the input of the Alesis and then a cable from the output to the USB audio interface I am using?? I would presume not as there is a left (mono) and right output on the Microverb. I am using Logic Pro X.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

2. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome.

That would be perfectly fine, just plug into the left (mono) input, and you can use either the left output for mono, or both outputs as the reverb tries to give it some stereo spread.

The fine folks at Alesis still have product information and the manual online for this "Legacy" product.

Kurt Foster likes this.
  3. Georgeadey1992

Thanks very much, I have been told by a friend that I would need a DI box for the guitar, is that right? i thought the signal might be strong enough to use without one

4. dvdhawk

dvdhawk Well-Known Member

No DI required, just read the manual (which will explain setting optimum levels) and adjust the knobs. It has enough gain to compensate for the relatively low output of a guitar, or it can also handle much hotter line level signals. Knobs are good.

5. Georgeadey1992

You are an absolute legend, thanks I will read the manual now

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed