Off Topic (WinXP)

Discussion in 'Recording' started by rafafredd, Mar 10, 2004.

1. rafafredd

rafafredd Member

I didn´t know where to ask, so, as I always ask my questions here...

My computer is tottally F#$%$%¨up. Maybe because of a worm or something like this.

I want to format my HD and start all over, but I would like to save my email messages.

In winXP, where is the file with all the email messages (outlook express). Anyone knows the folder location?

I know that I can configure the folder, and I could just check my configuration at Outlook Express, but the fact is that it doesn´t run anymore. It just crashes, like 90% of my installed programs.

I tried many virus scaners and none found any virus on my machine. Strange, no?

Thanks a lot!

2. Go to outlook express and click on tools-maintainance-store folder. That'll tell you where it is.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

get express assist ( you can find it in search engines)

it makes life easy as it can do a full backup of outlook and outlook express... including addresses etc...

They have a trial period on it for 15 days after that I think its $30

in either case it totaly rocks I used it to migrate my email from my desktop to the laptop. I also made a backup image that I burned to CD that way I'll never have to worry about losing that precious email :)

4. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Here's the default mail file location. Its hidden, so you'll have to enable viewing hidden files in Folder Options.

c:Documents And Settings(username)Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookOutlook.pst

Go there, make a backup, and transfer it to the same location on the new installation. Should work.

mitz

5. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I'm cool with this question in Tech Talk but Mark was keen to have it over in here, the DAW/Computing area.
    I hope this works. :)

6. rafafredd

rafafredd Member

got it.

It was not at the same folder pointed but I got my 300MB of emails and did a back up...

Thanks!

7. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

8. ok lets go back to tape, and a mixing desk