critique One Night Stand

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by DogsoverLava, Jan 9, 2020.

1. DogsoverLava

DogsoverLava Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Here's a new song. Lyrically this has a "recovery" theme.... I may add a little more guitar if necessary but my objectivity is starting to shift a bit so this is a good start for some criticism and mix direction. As always - thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen and feel free to offer any feedback be it opinion or expertise - I'll take it all. Regards. Rob.

Attached Files:

kmetal likes this.
  2. kevinwhitect

kevinwhitect Kev Active Member

Home Page:
    I'd probably add an upper harmony in the bridge, Rob ... and then really fill out the chorus with a dense blend of additional harmonies to pop it. Good start on this.

3. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    The really low end is a bit overwhelming with my sub on, and non-existent without it. I agree with Kevin that the vocal line needs some variation - selective harmony would add the extra interest. Good work, though.

4. DogsoverLava

DogsoverLava Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Thanks @kevinwhitect and @Boswell - this one needs lots of work still in the arrangement. It’s got good bones but lacks excitement for sure.

5. eternalsound

eternalsound Black-top!! Active Member

Pretty good. Seems the stereo guitars are too loud. Vocals a bit pitchy. Song tends to drag a bit - maybe have some more instruments (keys) join in to build up each verse to a higher energy.