OT: Dual Video Monitor/Interference

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by Rubicon Music, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Anyone found a solution?

I'm using a dual video monitor setup in my studio. The 2 CRT's are placed side-by-side, and in between the nearfields.

The damage to the CRTs (flickering, faded colors, and a black line that keeps scrolling through the display) is now becoming unworkable, and I was wondering what others were using in a dual monitor setup. Anyone found some sort of interference shield, or maybe a different brand of video monitors that won't be so vulnerable to the magnets in the nearfields?

I'm currently using a Sony Trinitron Multiscan 17sfII and a Panasonic S70, run off the ATI Radeon DDR 32MB PCI card and the internal NVIDIA GeForce2MX with TwinView card in a PowerMac G4 800mhz Dual Processor.

Reply off-list to mailto:lt@rubiconmusic.com and thanks in advance!

LT

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

ewww...I dont think there is a solution for that..magnets affect video no matter what type of monitor you use..then again I'm not a video expert..just the common sense that says to keep speakers away from the monitors...my speakers are about a foot away from either side of my second monitor and it doesnt harm the screen in any way..also using a PCI card as your second monitor is not reccomended..it can take performance away from your system..getting a dual monitor AGP card is the way to go..Appian makes a great card as well as ATI and Matrox...
    Opus

3. EdWray

EdWray Active Member

I get a really good buzz when I get close to the video monitor with my guitar strapped on!! lol :D